If there isn’t a current vacancy, you can still submit your cv and covering letter on a speculative basis.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Junior Design Engineer
Air Control Industries is a world force in air movement technology
We’re looking for a Junior Design Engineer to join our established and experienced team based in Axminster, East Devon.
If a Customer needs to move air, ACI can help, and our Engineering team are central to delivering the very best possible solution.
You will join a professional team of Design Engineers involved in the 3D design and specification of an extensive portfolio of industrial fans and blowers, air knife drying systems, and personnel cleaning equipment. Operating within our high-quality framework you will have the opportunity to work on interesting and varied projects, solving Customer air movement problems by applying your engineering skillset and flair for great design.
With Customers all over the world, this is a chance to join a reputable, stable and growing business proud of its world-class reputation in the sector.
The Engineering team work closely and collaboratively with the Sales and Production departments to design new products and modify existing products when needed. You will relish the chance to be coached, given the chance to be ‘hands on’ in our laboratory and be part of a supportive team where you will be developed and challenged to learn more, enhancing your capabilities. You may already have some experience in using Inventor/AutoCAD to formulate 3D designs. The work you will carry out will include the validation of new products as well as modifying existing drawings to suit the needs of our customers. As well as the day to day tasks, you will also have the chance to be involved in the delivery of specific projects solving the customer’s air movement problem through to prototype, manufacture, testing and installation.
Occasionally, you may be required to travel nationally or overseas to gather further information relevant to their drawing/design activities and to provide the standard of customer service and expertise our clients expect.
• Educated to a minimum of HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering
• Data driven analytical problem-solving capability
• Time management and organisational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, builds strong relationships at all levels
• Has drive to see a project through the completion and is resilient
• Happy to get stuck in and has the ability to see solutions not problems
• Ideally has knowledge of Inventor/AutoCAD as well as all Microsoft Office packages
• Keen on the use of IT systems as we use SAP as our operating platform
• Excellent written and spoken English with a keen eye for detail
In return for your talents we will offer you:
• Competitive salary
• Training and development opportunities
• Competitive package with Pension, Discretionary Bonus, Life Assurance, shopping discount scheme
• 25 days holiday plus all statutory bank holidays (33 days including bank holidays)
• Working hours Monday – Thursday 08.15 – 17.00, Friday 08.15 – 12.45
• Modern, refurbished offices based in Axminster, Devon, only 6 miles from the south coast
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter stating why you are interested and what you can offer to email@example.com